DOUG GREEN, COMMUNITY RISK AND FIRE SAFETY MANAGER
DOUG HAS BEEN IN THE FIRE SERVICE FOR MORE THAN 22 YEARS, INCLUDING 16 YEARS AS A PARAMEDIC/ENGINEER AND THE LAST 6 YEARS IN FIRE PREVENTION, FILLING THE ROLE AS FIRE SAFETY MANAGER WITH THE SISTERS-CAMP SHERMAN FIRE DISTRICT. IN ADDITION, DOUG TRAVELS AROUND THE COUNTRY CONSULTING WITH COMMUNITY PLANNERS, FIRE PERSONNEL AND OTHER LOCAL OFFICIALS TO HELP THEM IMPLEMENT POLICIES, REGULATIONS, AND STRATEGIES TO REDUCE WILDFIRE RISKS IN THEIR COMMUNITIES. DOUG HAS LIVED IN THE SISTERS AREA FOR 25 YEARS.
Services to the community from the fire prevention division include:
- Fire safety education and public awareness programs for all ages.
- Plan review for new construction to meet requirements of the Oregon Fire Code.
- Routine business safety inspections conducted by certified fire inspectors and Engine Company personnel.
- Home fire safety consultations.
- Fire investigations are conducted for all fires to determine origin and cause of the fire.
- Understanding what caused the fire will assist the department in preventing future fires.
- Company Business Fire Safety Consultations and Pre-Incident Surveys
- Business Fire Safety Inspections
- Food Cart Inspections
- Public Event Fire Safety Review and Inspections
- Commercial Burning Permits
- Tent and Canopy Permits
- Fire Safety Consultation
- Firewise Communities USA Program
- FireFree Program
- Fire Busters Program
- Smokey Bear Team Teaching Program
- Car Seat Technician Program
- Fire Station Tours
- Spray the Kids Day
- Smoke Alarm Program
- Carbon Monoxide Detector Program
- Fire Extinguisher Training
- Juvenile Firesetter Intervention
2021 Firebusters Information
Pedestrian Safety– Monday, October 4
Alarm Sounds – Tuesday, October 5
Cell Phone Use – Wednesday, October 6
Bicycle Safety – Thursday, October 7
Evacuation Tips – Friday, October 8